Self-care is More Essential Than Ever for Veterinary Medical Professionals
With caseloads increasing, COVID surges, a nationwide vet tech shortage on the rise, it is more important now than ever before to tend to our self-care and create a plan for managing our health and wellbeing. In coaching 500+ veterinary first responders, we’ve seen strength and resiliency in action, at the same time compassion fatigue and burnout.
Often, in our coaching sessions, we hear recharging and renewal is something we have an intention to “get to” or a “nice to have,” but to try and take the time to implement can feel daunting.
The truth is, you simply can’t give your patients the care and attention they require when you’re neglecting your own needs.
Adapting approaches from applied positive psychology, neuroscience, somatic psychology, we partner with veterinary organizations to restore balance and wellbeing to their teams. From coaching to workshops, we work with you collaboratively to develop a plan so your staff can thrive.
Below is a sampling of workshop topics we’ve given recently. Contact us to customize a workshop for your organization.
Sample Workshop Topics
1. MINDFULNESS FOR PEACE AND CALM
In this workshop, we will be covering the foundation of mindfulness and meditation. Learn ways to deepen your connection with yourself and others, cultivate a daily practice of being present to the now (while we can’t change what may be going on around us right now, we always have a choice in how we can be with what is.)
2. ESSENTIAL SELF-CARE FOR VETERINARY MEDICAL TEAMS
Most veterinary team members give 110%+ daily to the clients they care for. As an essential front line worker, we’ve all experienced compassion fatigue on some level and emotional fatigue with COVID19 in 2020. Self-care is crucial in extreme times of crisis and uncertainty.
In this webinar, learn three levels of self-care to boost your overall resilience and wellbeing.
3. BUILDING A STRONG TEAM WITH GREATER TRUST AND CONNECTION
Research reveals empathy is positively related to job performance and satisfaction. Empathy from leaders tops the list as the most critical driver for building a thriving team. In this interactive webinar, we will teach you our 5 step process to support your team’s mental and emotional wellbeing.
4. BUILDING RESILIENCE & EFFECTIVE WAYS TO RECHARGE
In this workshop, we will introduce subtle shifts that can help ease our burden of overwhelm and walk you through strategies to strengthen your mental wellbeing and expand your capacity as a leader (at every level).
We will dive deeper into 4 areas to help you thrive from the inside out:
• Strengthening your mental wellbeing and emotional intelligence
• Building your mental wellbeing to better manage stress
• Creating a culture of engagement with your team (Whether you are a doctor, supervisor, lead vet tech, or a customer client service representative)
• Cultivating a plan for recharge and renewal
5. CREATING AN ESSENTIAL SELF-CARE TOOLKIT FOR 2021 (COMMUNITY BASED)
In this workshop, we will teach you positive coping strategies you can use to replenish your mind & body on an ongoing basis (beyond COVID19!) Developing resilience is something we can all learn and build on. Like riding a bike, it just takes openness and practice.
We will look at:
• Overcoming stress and nurturing physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing
• Practical and science-based tips for building resilience
• What’s in your emotional bank account and why it may be overdrawn
• How to create your own resilience toolkit