It’s a new moon tomorrow, with six planets lining up in Aries, a perfect time for new beginnings. I saw my healer this morning, and she too shared that many of her clients had a bit of a bumpy ride leading up to Spring. 2012 brought great changes for many, and some of us is still integrating our learnings today. A few weeks ago, I prayed for mercury in retrograde to end, tee hee. For the past 2 weeks, have felt an amazing shift in all areas of my life, which leads me to today’s post.
How can we be move towards the light if we are still experiencing darkness? What do we do when uh-oh, trouble, we find old patterns surfacing? How do we clear the dark to make way for the light? Especially if the dark is earthed in not appreciating our gifts and what we have to offer to the world. And at the same time, being in judgment that what we have to offer is not good enough, soon enough, big enough, you get the picture. (enough with the enoughs)
New moon tomorrow….what are you going to do to lay the foundations for your new beginnings? Spring is such a perfect and lovely time to clear away the old to make room for what your heart truly desires.
If aspects of you is sitting in some darkness this week, here are 5 ways to clear away the the dark fog to more light.
1) If you find yourself in the “not enough” camp: Are you a caregiver? Does your job consume your life? If so, do you find yourself giving away the “emotional farm” so that you can “serve” or “help others”? Only to find that it takes up all of your time, and perhaps, at the expense of you? Ask yourself if any of the being there for others, putting other’s needs before you literally putting your “light” out?
—What are you doing to recharge your own batteries? When do you have down time for just you? Perhaps, ask yourself if there are friendships, jobs, relationships you’ve outgrown that may be literally extinguishing your light. If you’ve answered a maybe or a yes, what is one step you can take to release it? If you haven’t had anytime for yourself lately, can you go open up your calendar and schedule in some down time for yourself?
2) If you find yourself in the darkness due to past hurts: Here’s a simple exercise. Try giving that part of yourself that still hurts a voice. Sit down in a chair. Put an empty chair in front of you. Invite that aspect of your hurt self to come forward and sit in that chair. It could be emotions like, hurt, anger, betrayal, maybe even the not good enough. Ask that aspect what it has to share. Have the aspect tell you WHY it has been acting the way it has. Chances are, it relates to protecting you from any future hurts it thinks you may be subjected to. Chances are, it has built a fortress around your heart to keep it from any more hurts. Once we realize that it was only doing that to protect us, we can give it a new job. (IE–you were traumatized as a child by someone, now as an adult, the aspect of you that is mistrusting, keeping people at arms distance is ruled by a much younger aspect of yourself that is out to protect the adult you)
Thank the aspect, give that part of you a new job. <3
3) Amp up your value. If you are having trouble seeing how much you shine, maybe you could use another perspective. Ask a few people closest to you to identify 3 positive strengths. You may be surprised by what you hear. It will help you stand up straighter. Woot woot! See yourself for the bright shiny penny that you are! I believe in you! Now you just have to. These gifts identified will exponentially multiply. Perhaps, it rings truer when you hear it from someone else. Practicing wearing it on your sleeve the next time are out.
4) Whatever bits you hear, shine it sister! That’s right. Shine your light. Whatever you are amping up in #3, it is time to broadcast it. This is the liberating part. When we are FREED from our own limiting beliefs and take just one baby step to share it with SOMEONE. It begins HERE. With one person. So go! Do it, share it with someone you feel safe with today. (This is inspired by one of my favorite quotes by Marianne Williamson.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.’ We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
5) Last but not least, stop settling. Tomorrow is the new moon. Make a list of your DREAMS. Spend 5 minutes and dare to dream BIG. How are you going to get there if you don’t at least put pen to paper. Then read the list OUT LOUD to yourself. Pin it up somewhere you can see it. Share it with someone. I dare you 😉 Broadcast it on FB. And ask yourself, what is ONE tangible step you can take to get closer to it.
I will be posting my list tomorrow below. Meanwhile, I would love for you to share yours this new moon. As always, am so so appreciative of you spending a few minutes here with me. My soul is on a mission to connect with yours and make it SHINE! 🙂 Please take a moment to subscribe to my newsletter if this post resonates with you for some SHINE in your inbox weekly.
Big love until next week,