Claire, a certified compassion fatigue specialist, life transitions/grief coach, has helped hundreds of people who feel stuck from burnout or grieving after a significant life transition heal from trauma to become their best selves.
As a pet loss educator and coach, her work has enabled pet lovers worldwide to not only accept their grief but grow from it. From workshops, coaching sessions to self-guided pet loss programs, she helps pet owners unpack their heartbreak and understand why losing an animal’s unconditional love can trigger feelings in other, unexpected areas of their lives.
In her veterinary consulting work with Access Specialty Animal Hospitals, Seattle Animal Medical Center, and other Veterinary Organizations, she coaches staff members on healthy coping mechanisms to restore and optimize life balance from inside out.
Her own pet loss journey:
Claire’s background as a serial entrepreneur makes for a unique and powerful combination. With a B.S. in Graphic Design, she worked with brands like Absolute Vodka, Sony Vaio, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross of C.A., Toyota, and Lexus. In 2003, her dog Sophie’s death led her to ignite a passion by creating a company to soulfully celebrate the human and pet bond. In the first year of business, her products were featured in InStyle holiday gift guide and on the necks of celebrity pooches. Sophie’s death led Claire to her own spiritual evolution and launched her next career calling.
Most folks don’t learn about grief, trauma, or burnout until they have to. Over the decades, it’s been quite a journey for Claire! Today, while supporting clients, she continues to walk her talk to help others make lemonade from lemons.
- overcame stage 4 bone cancer at 19
- naturally healed herself from Hashimotos post-cancer
- NDE when her appendix burst while getting ready for a tradeshow
- overcame infertility to naturally conceive even though she was in perimenopause and every fertility doctor in Los Angeles said it would never happen
- lost her mother to suicide the same week she found out she was pregnant
- bounced back from grief to pivot a new career calling
Industry Background and Education
Certified Compassion Fatigue Specialist, Masters in Spiritual Psychology, Certification in Grief Recovery, Certification in Grief Bereavement Facilitation, Animal Reiki, Certified Pet Loss Counselor, Certified Breathwork Facilitator, B.S. Graphic Design.
Now, some other tidbits about Claire besides work…
- She’s a foodie and avid chef and is obsessed with making kimchi!
- She’s grateful to be living so close to the beach, where her dogs Lucy & Linus loves to romp.
- Her teen daughter continues to be the girl of her dreams and a daily reminder that miracles DO. happen.